Disclosure: This post contains sponsored content.
Whether you’re traveling with family, roommates, or a significant other, packing can be stressful!
If you’re staring at your closet wondering what to pack for your summer vacation, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite products to include in your packing list.
Make sure to include the essentials in your carry-on! There are some things that you’ll need easy access to during travel. Plus, you never know what can happen with your checked luggage, so it’s better to be safe than sorry! I always make sure to pack a toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, and baby wipes in my personal bag. Here are some other must-have travel items:
- Beach Bag: When I travel, I like to use my beach bag as my personal item or carry on so I can double dip and save space for more clothes and shoes inside my suitcase.
- Sunglasses: No summer vacation is complete without a pair of sunnies. Keep them safe by adding them to your carry on instead of your luggage.
- Headphones: This one is a no brainer, you’re going to need headphones to keep yourself entertained.
- Book: A book is always a good thing to keep in your carry on! It doesn’t require any online features so you’ll be able to read on the plane, in the car, or at the beach.
- Snacks: Airport food can be expensive! Pack your own snacks with these containers to avoid getting hangry.
Long days in the sun can be exhausting. Make sure to pack your favorite toiletries to keep you looking fresh and having fun all day!
- Sun Kit: Sunscreen, after-sun lotion, and chapstick all in one convenient, travel sized kit!
- Dry Shampoo: You aren’t living until you’ve tried this dry shampoo paste from R&Co. It absorbs all of the excess oil in my hair and adds extra texture and volume to my hair! Perfect for those lazy days at the beach.
- Face Wash: TULA has been, and always will be, my go-to skincare line! I’m obsessed with their Acne Foam Cleanser and the Purifying Face Cleanser. Use my code MIKZAZON for 15% off your order.
- Razor: Packing a reliable razor for your beach vaca is a must! Say goodbye to red bumps, ingrown hairs, and any inflammation with Billie.
- Chafe Stick: If you know the pain of having thick thighs in warm weather, this chafe stick from Mega Babe will change your life!
Although summer clothing tends to be smaller and take up less space, it’s easy to overpack on the essentials like bathing suits, cover ups, and sandals.
- Bathing Suits: LONDRE Bodywear makes swimsuits out of recycled water bottles! How cool is that, right? Use LONDRELOVESMIK for 10% off your order!
- Cover Up: If you’re headed to the beach this summer, you’re going to want something to throw over your bathing suit that still looks cute!
- Sandals: Shoes are one of the heaviest things you can pack. I like to bring one pair of versatile sandals that are good for the beach, dinner, or going out. Always wear your heaviest shoes while you’re traveling so you can save precious space in your bag.
We always remember to pack the essentials, but here are a few items I make sure I pack if I’m going anywhere near water.
- Beach Towel: If you’re planning on spending anytime outside during your trip, you’ll definitely want to pack an oversized beach towel in case the hotel or Airbnb you’re staying at doesn’t provide one.
- Portable Speaker: Music is a must while you’re relaxing or having fun at the pool or beach.
- Portable Phone Charger: Does this one even need an explanation?
- Waterproof Phone Bag: You should make sure you have a waterproof bag or case to protect your phone while you’re at the beach, pool, or during any excursions.
- Reusable water bottle: Staying hydrated is key!
- Packing Cubes: If you haven’t tried packing with organizer cubes, you’re missing out. These cubes save me so much space in my luggage and keep everything in its place!