Trust me when I say I know and understand that exercise and nutrition are NOT the only things it takes to get you feeling your happiest and healthiest self.
In order to be the best version of yourself, it’s essential you learn how to take care of yourself in the ways that you want and need.
Before you read any further, I recommend you take this free quiz to find out your love language! Understanding your love language will help you better understand how you like to receive and give love to family, friends, and most importantly, to yourself.
What are the 5 love languages?
Words of Affirmation: Expressing affection through spoken affection, praise, or appreciation.
Acts of Service: Actions, rather than words, are used to show and receive love.
Receiving Gifts: Gifting is symbolic of love and affection.
Quality Time: Expressing affection with undivided, undistracted attention.
Physical Touch: It can be sex or holding hands. With this love language, the speaker feels affection through physical touch.
How do you implement these into your life?
Figuring out ways to adapt your love languages into your life can sometimes be challenging! I made a list of things you can try to slowly start using your love languages to take better care of yourself.
Words of Affirmation:
- Daily affirmations
- Reciting mantras
- Journaling your strengths
- Writing yourself a love letter
- Writing affirmations on post-its and placing them in different spots around your house
Acts of Service:
- Making healthy meals
- Having an organized and clean house or apartment
- Scheduling regular physical, dental, and mental health appointments
- Grooming yourself
- Baking something yummy (Chocolate chip cookies? Yes please!)
- Buy only what you LOVE
- Gift yourself with an experience
- Invest in your education or a personal advancement
- Sign up for a monthly subscription service (My fav is CAUSEBOX, it’s a must! Use mikzazon30 for 30% off.)
- Meditate, meditate, meditate
- Making time to do your favorite hobbies or activities
- Making sleep and exercise a priority
- Spending time in nature
- Planning a retreat with your family or friends (or even just yourself!)
- Take a bath with Epsom salt, bath bombs, or bubbles
- Spa day
- Wrap up in a cozy blanket
What are my love languages?
My number one love language is quality time, followed by acts of service.
For me, quality time means spending time with myself. Believe it or not, I consider myself to be extremely introverted! I draw a majority of my energy from spending time in silence reflecting so I can recharge my batteries and show up for friends and family as my true, authentic, loving self.
My second love language is acts of service! For me, this means showering, eating, moving my body, getting things done, and getting enough sleep. It’s not about having someone else clean my car for me or take Blue for a walk, it’s about finding ways to do things for myself so I can continue my journey of self-love and acceptance.